Sunday, October 11, 2009

10 days!

10 days until my estimated due date... and let me tell ya I never knew that I could feel so many different things at once.

I'm scared. Not of labor or anything like that, just the actual being a mom thing. I mean, I know it's going to change my life and stuff. Changes I'm more than willing to accept but it's like... right now I can barely remember to take my pills every day... and soon theres going to be a living, breathing, human being on my watch twenty-four seven... I'm scared that I won't adjust right, or that I'll mess up. Two things I REALLY don't want to do.

I'm anxious. For most of the same reasons, that I'm scared there might be something wrong with him. I mean the doc says that everything is fine and well! He's cookin' away and doing a damn good job but theres a lot of things that can happen once labor starts and once it's over... it's uh, kinda scary :(

I'm excited! MY little boy is gonna be here... ALL MINE. He's something that I've always wanted and pretty soon I'm gonna be holding him in my arms, and I'm never gonna want to let him go. I'm not gonna want anything to come between the two of us. This little guy that grew inside ME. That depends on ME. That I love with all my heart and soul... It excites me to no end.

Sadly though, I've also been feeling really forgetful! I feel like theres something that I haven't done. Something BIG. I mean, I've got everything put together. Crib, bassinet, car seat, all the clothes are washed, all the blankets are ready to go, the bags are packed... what could possibly be left!? I've got no idea but I feel like I'm gonna go into labor and remember. That idea sucks mucho, and I know it's so much bigger than making sure I pack my tooth brush before I head down to labor and delivery.

10 more days, and I can't wait... my dads convinced I'm gonna be late. It would make sense, I've never really been on time in life, why should my son? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment